August Chiefs Association Meeting
Thursday, August 4, 2016
The monthly meeting of the New Castle County Chiefs Association was held on Thursday, August 4th at Station 15, Delaware City.
President Dennis Godek called the meeting to order with the Invocation by Reverend Wilms. Welcomed by the host company and then the meeting was recessed for dinner.
A delicious meal was prepared by the Ladies Auxiliary of the Delaware City Fire Company.
President Godek called the meeting back order and there were two presentations, one by Delmarva Gas Department and the other by Cherncok Helicopter
Reports were given by the following committees:
- 800 MGZ
- Special Ops
The following Agencies were present and gave their reports:
- NCC Communications
- NCC Emergency Medical Services
- NCC Emergency Preparedness
- Delaware State Fire Marshal
- Delmarva Power
The following Associations were present and gave their reports:
The following Operational Issues were voted upon and approved:
- The Training Standards with 1 addition of adding AED / CPR to the Entry Level Firefighter
- Changing the call signs for apparatus to include Rescue Engine and Squads
- To extend the for another 90 days the Cover-up Policy to be able to get more information
Under New Business the following motions were approved:
- The Special Ops Committee presented the following:
- $15,000.00 for the Surface Water Team for Refresher Classes [that will be reimbursed through DEMA]
- $3,940.00 for the Collapsed Team for Insurance on all the Collapse Vehicles
- $1,450.00 for All Teams to Verizon for the Cell Phones for the Team Leaders
- To support the NCCVFA with the 1st Annual NCC Fire Service over the Edge Beef and Beer Fundraiser for Special Olympics Delaware
- To cover the expenses to send the Presidents and IRP Committee Members to visit other 911 Centers on how they handle weather emergencies, working alarms, etc.
DSFCA 1st Vice President Terry Jester advised that there is an opening for the Director spot for New Castle County for the State Chiefs Association. They will need a letter from this Association nominating the individual before the Conference in September.
Good of the Association
- 50-50 was for $87.00
- Rising vote to the Host Company
- Date and Place of the next meeting
- Station 18, Good Will
- Thursday, September 1st
- Cocktails 530 hours
- Dinner 630 hours
- Meeting 715 hours
Benediction was give by President Wilms